Monday, April 23, 2012

Day 285 Prayer that comes Naturally



Matthew 6:7 - "When you pray, don't babble on and on the way some people do. They think their prayers are answered only by repeating their words again and again.

Long prayers can be pretty impressive.... They just seem more powerful the more words that get used.
In my Bible study right now, many of the women feel inadequate to pray outloud. They know how to ask God to do things for them.... 'God please help me, God please provide my house payment, God please change me.' But they feel like they can't start there if they're praying with other people.

But you know that God doesn't favor one person's long winded prayers over another's simple one. What is more important is that we are praying - often.

It is a good goal to incorporate Bible verses into your prayers...it's not hard and after some practice it will come naturally.

Father God, I want my prayers to be natural and unreligious. Please help me to cut out the pretty words that don't impress you and instead cut to the heart of the matter. I know You hear me and know my heart. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment