Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 300! Sarah Next



I needed to wash my hair, but the shampoo would not cooperate. I shook the bottle once, twice, and more times – each shake progressively more vigorous than before; but the shampoo remained unmoved inside! I wanted to give it freedom; admittedly a freedom to benefit me.

There are times when I have stayed unmoved in my thinking: when I approached a crossroads in my life, and refused to take another path, preferring to choose my own path.

Sometimes God tries to shake us up! He wants us to move from our comfort zones and reach out and trust His promise. He wants us to recognize His longing to give us more than we can imagine while here on earth, as well as an eternal kingdom filled with His freedom!

Why do we stubbornly refuse to cooperate? We choose to remain unmoved – snug inside our mindset. When we are either comfortable or we are stuck, we keep ourselves from the growth and the amazing blessings that God wants us to enjoy!

Hebrews 12:28. Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom, which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear.

Abba, we seek Your guidance and ask that you keep shaking Sarah up in order to get her attention to what You want her to do for You next. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment