Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 306 Enjoy Life!



Do not be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:6,7

Sometimes I work too hard and take life too seriously. Last week, I noticed flowers in my backyard in bloom, and I had missed the process of blooming. Life is too short. Sometimes we need to sit back and enjoy God's gifts. An old man named Jeremiah (not the prophet) was getting to the end of his race, and as he reflected on it, this is what he wrote.

"If I had my life to live over again, I'd try to make more mistakes. I would relax. I would limber up. I would be sillier. I know of very few things I would take seriously. I would take more trips. I would climb more mountains, swim more rivers, and watch more sunsets. I would do more walking and looking, I would eat more ice cream and less beans. :) I would have more actual troubles and fewer imaginary ones.

"We tend to live sensibly and sanely, hour after hour, day after day. Oh, I've had my moments, and if I had it to do over again, I'd have more of them. In fact, I'd try to have nothing else. Just moments, one after another, instead of living so many years ahead each day. I have been one of those people who never go anywhere without a thermometer, a hot water bottle, mouthwash, a raincoat, aspirin, and a parachute. If I had it to do over again, I would go places, do things, and travel lighter than I have.

"If I had my life to live over, I would start barefooted earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. I would play more. I would ride on more merry-go-rounds. I'd pick more daisies."

Pick some daisies.

No comments:

Post a Comment