Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day 352 An Encouraging Word




"Don't let unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph. 4:29

What kinds of words and expressions help bring love, joy, and peace in my life?

- Speak words of encouragement. When someone tells me I'm doing a good job, that I'm on track, that I have done something important--their words strengthen me for accomplishing more good things.

- Sincere compliments build us up. When people say that I gave a wise answer to their question, that my example was an inspiration to them, or that somehow I changed the course of their life, I rejoice knowing that God is at work in me.

- Thanksgiving should be part of our vocabulary always. The apostle Paul was especially good at this. In Corinth, there were difficulties that he wanted to straighten out, but Paul still expressed gratitude for the spiritual gifts the believers there were using. He encouraged them with promises of God's faithfulness.

Who could use an encouragement, compliment, or words of thanks from you today? Don't let this day end without delivering it!

God, your Word builds us up. Help Sarah (and me) to speak so that others can benefit and grow in joy and peace. Bring people into her life today who do the same for her! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment